Search found 344 matches

by C36
Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:42 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: back loop tips
Replies: 29
Views: 7721

back loop video - body positions (up, apex, down, landing)

This video (some GO Pro shots) shows the different body positions (up, apex, down and landing).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5WGmq5_MRk
Any thoughts?
by C36
Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Re: Backloop motivational speech

No talk of forwards? :twisted: Edit: Anyone who can jump can learn to forward loop. Waaaaaay easier than backies. But ok, this is a backie thread. Hijack over. Still 'working' on forwards too. :oops: See: epic forward thread :twisted: http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=721 http://www....
by C36
Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks for the additional tips/article guys: Up > Ramp selection is key (Kus) Apex > Keep the rig close/body tucked (WD) > Float, don’t force it (Kus) Down > Progress the rotation jump-by-jump, a little further each time to landing (WD) > You have to real want the landing even on a ‘good’ rotation :...
by C36
Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Need help to cross back loop (landed) off my "bucket li

PREAMBLE I really want to cross back loop off my “bucket list”, but it has proved a difficult task. I am note sure I am in the 1000's of tries, but I am well into the 100's for sure. :cry: In the past my attempts go something like this: rotation starts the moment I leave the wave, not enough height...
by C36
Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:46 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: A day in the life of a wind n wave addict
Replies: 9
Views: 2378

Well done!!! :D That was one of the funniest (if not THE funniest) session logs I have ever read. The frightening part is I can totally relate. :shock: Like MF4, I also had several belly laughs (to the point where I almost had to wipe tears from my eyes - several times). :lol: Thanks for that one - ...
by C36
Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:17 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2011
Replies: 187
Views: 42767

Winddoctor: I was looking at the results for the Wave Bash and was very impressed by your 6th place result in the ameteur (read semi-pro) category (I hope I got that right) - congratulations!!! :D :D :D Well done! Thanks for sharing your insight - that is very helpful! :D I am still try to internali...
by C36
Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Lessons from the Coast (2011)

...the important things are speed., controlled bearing off jumps, good judgment of the waves and sets... ...tho so far Pistol has been pretty easy this year :wink: gotta keep ya on yer toes :lol: Thanks for the comments Kus - there is a lot of wisdom there. :D I came to a similar conclusion - that ...
by C36
Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Lessons from the Coast (2011)

My list is a little longer than Nanmoo's (likely because I had a LOT more to learn). :lol: :idea: I thought I would write these down while they were fresh in my mind to use in future to refresh my memory. I am posting them here for the benefit of others thinking about a first time Oregon coast trip....
by C36
Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Thank you to the BWD crew:

My 2011 Gorge/Oregon trip is now officially over. I am back to the land of cloud and self-serve gas stations. :? It feels a little more than strange not to drive for 6 hours and sail twice each day this week. First off, I wanted to say “thank you” to the BWD crew! I can’t say enough about your group...
by C36
Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:34 am

What is this south beach place? Here is what the "Oregon Coast Windsurfing Guide" (2009 edition) says: Newport, South Beach This is a state park a short drive south past the Newport bridge. Follow the state park signs. Nice grass rigging area and outside shower. On big days with north or ...
by C36
Tue May 31, 2011 5:02 pm

Yes! Come, more the merrier and the lower the probability I get eaten by sharks! Thanks nanmoo! I figured as much (but thought it best to ask) - everytime I have met the BWD crew before they have been super friendly. Yeah the thought of bumping into 'the man in the grey suit' always makes me a more...
by C36
Tue May 31, 2011 11:49 am

For those on the coast June 18-26

Just curious if the BWD "tour" is open to kooks form the Lower Mainland? :? My usual Gorge sailing partner is not headed west this year, so I am thinking about spending some or all of my trip (June 18-26) on the Oregon coast. :D For those planning to be down there that week, do you have a ...
by C36
Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:37 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: A GRINCH stole sports gear in Stevenson WA
Replies: 9
Views: 1983

A GRINCH stole sports gear in Stevenson WA

A good friend of mine (with a heart of gold) was visited by a GRINCH who broke into his workshop shop the week of November 25, 2005 and cleaned out much of his sports gear. Although this crime was committed in Stevenson, WA, my friend suspects the GRINCH might try and sell my friend’s stuff here in ...
by C36
Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Topic: Oregon Coast and Gorge trip 2005
Replies: 7
Views: 2191

:D Ditto - thanks for sharing. Great write-up! Thanks for waving me down that afternoon at the Hatchery, it was great to see some friendly faces out on the water! I took one picture of Dunkinguy the afternoon I ran into the "gravel pit gang" at the Hatchery Dunkinguy - he was the only one ...