Search found 18 matches

by icurumba
Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:39 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Windfest 2016
Replies: 43
Views: 22261

Surfing learned years ago the way to hold great events is to have an event window.
So tough to nail it on one weekend...and very stressful for the organizers.

I believe king of the air in Cape town now have an event window...and they pull the trigger based on an excellent forecast.
by icurumba
Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:28 pm
Topic: Kite Race Wednesday July 3rd @ 6:30
Replies: 16
Views: 4354

will try and make it,....
by icurumba
Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:34 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: stanky gear.
Replies: 3
Views: 1238

to make stinky gear smell fresh,...MiraZyme from Mcnett,..its sold by most dive shops. Works great on all sports gear,..safe on dry-suits, wetsuits,..etc,..
used it for years on my stinky dive gear.
http://www.mcnett.com/MiraZyme-Enzyme-B ... -P170.aspx
by icurumba
Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Windfest 2012 anything happening at Nitinat?
Replies: 2
Views: 1259

Thanks!
by icurumba
Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:43 pm
Topic: Windfest 2012 anything happening at Nitinat?
Replies: 2
Views: 1259

Windfest 2012 anything happening at Nitinat?

Just checking in if anyone is stepping up re running the event or set a date.
We have some solid interest to have a local event in Victoria and don't want to double up on the dates. Canadians course racing champs in Squamish Aug 4 - 6,..
by icurumba
Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 pm
Topic: Demo 10m Rise Please
Replies: 11
Views: 2817

Teabag, Richard from Ocean Rodeo chiming in,... I have a few kites you can try over the weekend/ 2011 10m Razor, 7m Rise and 6m Rise. (with 50cm bar/lines ect). Your welcome to use over the weekend as I wont be kiting sat/sunday (will need back on Monday however). This is OR demo gear. email me your...
by icurumba
Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:10 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Price of '09 boards :(
Replies: 36
Views: 8733

windsurf companies are not making much money on boards. The increase you see this year in price is from freight (oil and logistics). The cost to get all the raw materials to the asian mfg, plus the multiple distribution "hands" it takes to get those huge boxes around the world now cost big...
by icurumba
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:50 am
Topic: Looking for fin and mast for windsurfer one design
Replies: 4
Views: 1217

Thanks,...Chris, ~~~~~4j~~ , and snarfer, ~~~~~4j~~ the mast, boom and sails would be great. Please let me know the adress and I'll pick em up asap. Chris, I'll scoop the board and boom if you dont want it. Will call you soon. Let me know what kind of beer you both like! Snarfer,...thanks on the win...
by icurumba
Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:36 pm
Topic: Looking for fin and mast for windsurfer one design
Replies: 4
Views: 1217

Looking for fin and mast for windsurfer one design

Hi all, I need some key parts to get my old windsurfer one design operational: skeg/fin and mast (the old blue ones.). I would also be open to buying the complete setup (board, mast, sail. boom, dagger board ect. if it had the old teak boom, teak mast base and teak mast tip,..even better! Circa1976 ...
by icurumba
Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:20 pm
Topic: Jobs at Ocean Rodeo
Replies: 5
Views: 1521

Jobs at Ocean Rodeo

Ocean Rodeo needs you! We have two 2 full time positions currently open. Shipping – Full time Office Administration – Full time The candidates must be able to rub their tummy and pat their head at the same time. In addition, short listed candidates will be subjected to a rigorous interview process t...
by icurumba
Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:56 pm
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 49885

I know this was mentioned already but here’s more,… In the windsurfing years (mid 80’s to 2000) John would position himself well up wind of the pack, aligning himself at the perfect angle for an “attack”. Once locked in on a down wind target,( another windsurfer) he would bear off at incredible spee...
by icurumba
Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:21 am
Topic: Graham Norris seriously hurt while skiing.
Replies: 25
Views: 9735

Graham Norris seriously hurt while skiing.

Hi all, This Friday, while skiing, Graham Norris had an accident and has suffered a massive brain injury. He was flow to Victoria General Hospital by helicopter from Mount Washinton, and has remained in intesive care, and in a coma since this time. I'm sorry to bring you this news, and your prayers ...
by icurumba
Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:07 pm
Topic: Couple of kite question
Replies: 21
Views: 4607

Hey Dale,
This pic is posted in the OR website gallery. The location is Poland. There's a few other great shots of snow kiting in his gallery (listed as YAHOO ).
by icurumba
Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:24 am
Topic: Couple of kite question
Replies: 21
Views: 4607

by icurumba
Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:25 am
Topic: Dry suit for surfing!
Replies: 22
Views: 5367

Hey Mike D,
We have a suit ready for you test this week.
Give Kevin a call at OR 544 4969 ext 279 and he can arrange a time for you to pick up.
Cheers,
Richard