Search found 21 matches

by Barb W
Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Beginner board wanted, borrow or rent Aug. 5th-12
Replies: 2
Views: 1276

Beginner board wanted, borrow or rent Aug. 5th-12

Does anyone have a board or two we could borrow or rent. Something like a Starboard Start or Go, 140-180 litres, with daggerboard. My friends want to learn how to windsurf. Will be on Vancouver Island Aug. 5th to 12th. They could pick up the board on the mainland, if needed. They will probably want ...
by Barb W
Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BCCF Fundraiser in Support of RD
Replies: 108
Views: 65278

Healthy cells in; misbehavin cells out!!! Stay well RD.
by Barb W
Fri May 20, 2011 6:28 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23506

Always best to bring in all your own drinking water and pack out all your garbage. Ya $15 is too much.
by Barb W
Tue May 18, 2010 12:20 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Caught naked on Cook webcam!
Replies: 60
Views: 20321

here's a bit more, $50, from Barb Wallace.
by Barb W
Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 pm
Topic: vision correction surgery
Replies: 24
Views: 4835

vision correction surgery

Dave, I had it done in 2005 by Dr. Colin Nelson at Victoria Corneal Laser Centre. There are different options with different risks. I had Photoreactive Keratectomy (PRK), because of the thinness of my cornea, too thin to create a flap. PRK has less risk of complications than Lasik, but the recovery ...
by Barb W
Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:09 pm
Topic: One Less Dog on the Beach :(
Replies: 13
Views: 3907

doggie heaven

So sorry to hear of your loss of Mugs, I know how difficult it is. He may be up there with Cayoosh, (RIP April 09), chatting about all the good times at Nitinat, and what a great life they lived.
by Barb W
Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:45 am
Topic: OUCH ... injuries
Replies: 32
Views: 7496

Hi Kus and all of you vitamin I fans. Easy on the Ibuprophen. It's OK to take once in a while, but if you're taking it regularly, year after year, it can damage your kidneys. When you see your doc, have your GFR checked. (Glomerular filtration rate).
by Barb W
Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:55 pm
Topic: Windsurf Holiday
Replies: 15
Views: 4245

Caberete

I think Caberete is a good choice, though it's windiest months are summer; but if you are into sailing on big gear, you will have fun. It's a great town, you can walk from one end to the other. Bars and good restaurants along the beaches and nice locals. The public transportation is quite something-...
by Barb W
Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:02 pm
Topic: Questions??
Replies: 6
Views: 2257

learning in the lagoon

I think you could putter around in the lagoon with a SE wind, maybe even a NW like today. It is starting to get cold out, so make sure you wear a 5/4 mm suit. A hoodie will help, too, but don't get a suit with one or your neck will get sore. Booties- Island Longboards sells the nicest, warmest 7mm b...
by Barb W
Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:27 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Spare webcam-where should it go?
Replies: 46
Views: 30429

extra cam

I think either san pariel or sebastion rd would be great.
by Barb W
Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:20 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority!
Replies: 95
Views: 23785

:roll: So... have you watched Zeitgeist, yet? I think it's strange that there are no credits, who made it? Why are they hiding? It is a powerful movie that motivates us to always question and always seek the truth. But getting to the truth is a lot more work than simply watching a movie. Don't let y...
by Barb W
Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:50 pm

The word "zeitgeist" means the general intellectual, moral, and cultural state of an era. I liked the part about God needing more of your money, he's almighty but just no good with money. Also the history of the US Federal Reserve is interesting. And what the people in the basement of the ...
by Barb W
Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:15 pm

zeitgeist

You should watch it, almost 2 hours long. Pretty thought provoking stuff.
by Barb W
Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:13 pm
Topic: Tahsis
Replies: 6
Views: 2005

HI

Hi Jon and Michelle, how are you!
:D